The UHS Charge is the amount we bill your insurance. The portion covered by your insurance depends on your plan.
The Self-Pay Amount is the amount you pay if:
- You don't have insurance, or
- You decide not to use your insurance at UHS, or
- You are under-insured, which generally means that your insurance doesn't cover the care you need, or
- UHS doesn't accept your insurance (Medicaid, Medicare, TRICARE).
To maintain your privacy, we do not post medical details to your What I Owe, but you can obtain an itemized statement in the UHS Cashier/Insurance office. Be aware that if you've given anyone eProxy privileges to pay your bills online, they can see your UHS charges. However, they cannot see the reason for your visit, your diagnoses, or the specific services you received.
A financial bar will be placed on a patient's record if payment is not received within 10 days from the date the charge is posted to What I Owe. A bar prevents a student from registering for classes or obtaining official transcripts or a diploma. UHS may cancel the appointments of faculty and staff members (not students) who have a financial bar. Patients must pay or arrange to pay their bill in full to clear the bar.
For More Information
Stop by the UHS Cashier/Insurance office at SSB 2.106 or call (512) 475-8394 to find out:
- Your balance due and options for payment
- Information about charges incurred at UHS
- How to get health insurance if you don't have it