General Medical Care
Appointments and Information
Free 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line for UT Students
(512) 475-6877 (NURS)
General Medicine Clinic Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
CLOSED Saturday and Sunday
CLOSED Noon - 1:30pm Wednesdays
May 23 - Open 9:30am - 5pm
May 27 - CLOSED - Memorial Day Holiday
June 27 - Open 9:30am - 5pm
July 4 - CLOSED - Independence Day Holiday
July 25 - Open 9:30am - 5pm
August 20 - 21 - Open 2pm - 5pm
August 22 - Open 9:30am - 5pm
University Health Services is here to keep you healthy while you focus on your studies at UT Austin. You can expect the same types of services here that you can get from your family doctor.
- Appointments are required for all non-urgent medical conditions. Call (512) 471-4955 for an appointment.
- For advice on how to care for an illness or injury at home or guidance about whether and when to see a healthcare provider, call the 24-hour Nurse Advice Line any time, 24 hours a day, any day of the year at (512) 475-6877 (NURS).
- For severe or potentially life-threatening symptoms, go to a local hospital emergency room or call 911.
Our healthcare providers are licensed physicians, physician assistants, certified nurse practitioners, and behavioral health consultants supported by a staff of nurses, medical technologists, radiological technologists, pharmacists, chemical dependency counselors, dietitians, and professional health educators. For more information, click UHS Staff in Helpful Links.
Charges apply. For details, click Charges in Helpful Links
UHS general medicine clinics provide primary medical care tailored to the unique needs of college students. Common medical services include diagnosis and treatment of:
- Upper respiratory infections
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Stress, anxiety, and depression
- Eating disorders
- Minor injuries
You can also schedule appointments for
- Physical exams for work or travel
- Minor surgical procedures
- Chronic disease management (asthma, diabetes, hypertension)
- Assistance with prescription medications
We also offer a 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line, an urgent care clinic, allergy shots, immunizations, and travel health appointments as well as sports medicine, and women's health specialty clinics. If you need care that isn't offered at UHS, we can refer you to a specialist in the community - just like your family doctor would.