Please print the TB and Vaccination History for International Students form.
Have your healthcare provider complete and sign it. If you are currently outside the United States, your healthcare provider should NOT complete the TB Screening section of this form. The TB test must be administered while you are in the United States.
As soon as you arrive in Austin, take the completed, signed form together with your immunization records to the UHS Allergy/Immunization Clinic (Student Services Building, 2nd floor). If your healthcare provider cannot complete the form, take any other type of immunization documentation that you have.
Medical requirements for international students:
- TB test: Documentation of a PPD (Mantoux) skin test for tuberculosis administered, interpreted, and reported in millimeters (mm) in the United States regardless of prior BCG vaccination or an IGRA TB blood test. For students entering UT in the Spring, Summer or Fall 2013, the TB test must be administered on or after September 1, 2012.
- Meningococcal (bacterial meningitis) vaccine requirement. This vaccine must have been administered within 5 years of the first day of classes of the semester you will enter UT Austin. If you have had a meningococcal vaccine, but it was administered longer ago than described above, you must receive another dose of the vaccine.
- MMR vaccine: Documentation of TWO DOSES of MEASLES/MUMPS/RUBELLA (MMR) vaccine:
- FIRST DOSE - Administered since January 1, 1968 and on or after the first birthday.
- SECOND DOSE - Administered at least 28 days after the first dose.
- Documented immunity:
- MEASLES AND MUMPS DISEASE - By documented physician-diagnosed history of the disease or blood test (titer) showing protective antibodies.
- RUBELLA - By blood test (titer) showing a protective antibody. (Physician-diagnosed history of rubella is not acceptable as proof of immunity.)