tudents with nutrition-related health concerns can schedule an individual consultation with a registered dietitian at UHS. Our dietitian works closely with the UHS medical and counseling staff to ensure consistency and quality of care.
Common reasons that students see a dietitian:
- Medical diagnosis with significant nutrition implications including diabetes, hypoglycemia, heart disease, high blood pressure, and/or high cholesterol
- Food and body image concerns
- Eating disorder
- Weight management (interest in losing or gaining weight)
- Digestive problems like food allergies, lactose intolerance, celiac disease, irritable bowel, and/or colitis
- Vegetarian or vegan diet advice
- Family history of nutrition-related disease
- Recent appetite changes
- Vitamin or mineral deficiency related to diet
- Nutritional analysis - you want to get feedback on your diet and eat smarter
It can be helpful to have a referral from a healthcare provider or counselor, but referrals are not required.
Our dietitian will first seek to understand your concerns and then help you develop a personalized plan based upon your individual nutrition needs and dietary preferences, whether you are a vegan, a committed meat-eater, or anywhere in between. She can also help you identify other resources to help you meet your long-term nutritional needs.
Appointments with the UHS registered dietitian must be made by phone. Call (512) 475-8242 to schedule an appointment. Allow about one hour for your appointment. Charges apply. To see the charges for this and other services, please click the General Medicine and Urgent Care Clinic Common Charges button on the right side of this page.