ating Disorders are serious and complex diseases that affect men and women of all ages.
Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder are the most common eating disorders. People with eating disorders can be underweight, normal weight, or overweight, so you cannot tell if someone has an eating disorder just by looking at them.
Below is a simple screen* you can use to find out if you (or someone you care about) may be struggling with an eating disorder.
- Do you make yourself sick because you feel uncomfortably full?
- Do you worry you have lost control over how much you eat?
- Have you recently lost more than 15 pounds in a three-month period?
- Do you believe yourself to be fat when others say you are too thin?
- Would you say that food dominates your life?
Any person answering "yes" to two or more of these five questions is quite likely to have an eating disorder.