Developing a plan of what you will eat can help you meet your nutritional needs.
Here are some quick tips to help get you started.
- Think about what you're in the mood for. Do you want something...
Salty or sweet?
Crunchy or soft?
Hot or cold?
- How much time and money will you have to spend on this meal? Be realistic.
- Make an effort to include several food groups for good variety.
- Choose a protein source.
- Pick a grain that will compliment the protein.
- Incorporate some fruits or vegetables, if not both.
*Moderately-sized, well-balanced meals and snacks will keep your metabolism working and can help to prevent over-eating behaviors.
Eat moderate portions throughout the day
Eat for Disease Prevention