Love Your Body
Love Your Body is an initiative focusing on healthy, positive care and views of one's body.
Five Ways to Love and Care for Your Body:
- Listen to your body. Eat when you are hungry and rest when you are tired.
- Look for opportunities to feel connected to yourself and your body. Highlight and focus on the important things about yourself like your unique talents, qualities, skills and characteristics.
- Find opportunities for joyful and creative movement. For example, you might go for a walk with a friend, take a dance class, try a new yoga video online or anything that feels good.
- Wear comfortable clothes that make you feel good. Think about wearing clothes that feel good both physically and emotionally.
- Surround yourself with people who are supportive of you and your body and support those around you. Body shaming, either of oneself or others, can be harmful. For information on how to intervene as a bystander in harmful situations, visit BeVocal.
Resources at UT:
Body Image and Mindful Eating
UT Body Project
CMHC Mindful Eating
Kinesiology and Health Education Physical Education Classes
Resources around the Web:
10 Steps to a Positive Body Image
University of North Carolina Campus Health Services and University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service