SHAC relays student health concerns to UHS administrators for quality improvement of care, participates actively in UHS-sponsored events and strives to better our campus' health by organizing campus-wide events. SHAC provides the essential link between the student body and University Health Services.
The SHAC membership meets once a week to plan events, present relevant health topics, hear from university guest speakers, and handle other administrative tasks.
Why choose SHAC?
As a member of the Student Health Advisory Committee, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop insight into healthcare in a college setting
- Work directly with UHS management and serve on UHS committees
- Represent UT at regional and national college health conferences
- Develop leadership skills
- Enhance your professional development
- Meet fellow students and UHS staff
- Participate in the interview process for healthcare providers and other applicants to UHS