The University of Texas at Austin - What Starts Here Changes The World
The University of Texas at Austin Division of Student Affairs
Navigation Menu

Service Extension Fee

Students attending UT during the spring 2015 session may use UHS and CMHC January 16, 2015 - May 29, 2015.

Currently enrolled UT students can use University Health Services and the Counseling and Mental Health Center because these services are funded, in part, by tuition. Current students do not need to sign up or pay a separate fee.

Other qualified individuals, like UT students who are staying in Austin over the summer but not taking classes at UT, can get access to the same UHS and CMHC care and services that current students enjoy by paying the Service Extension Fee.

Counseling and Mental Health Center services are subject to limitations on duration and frequency of services. Payment of the subscription fee does not override these limitations.

Learn who can pay the Service Extension Fee for access to UHS and CMHC

Cost and Coverage

The UHS/CMHC Service Extension Fee is $100 per semester.

The Service Extension Fee is an access fee, not health insurance. After the fee is paid for a semester, the individual can use UHS and CMHC services through the end of that semester:

Spring 2015: January 16, 2015 - May 29, 2015
Summer 2015: May 30, 2015 - August 20, 2015

The fee is non-refundable and cannot be prorated, meaning it costs the same even after the semester begins.

pay the service extension fee online

Or call 512-475-8394 or visit the UHS Cashier/Insurance Office (SSB 2.106) during regular business hours.

graphic element used to separate content

Who SHOULD Pay the Fee

Those who fit into one of the categories below and wish to use UHS and/or CMHC must pay the Service Extension Fee.

Students between Semesters

For continuity of care, students who attended UT last semester, aren't currently taking classes here, and plan to return next semester may pay the fee for access during the gap semester. Typically, these are students taking a summer semester away from UT to work or study elsewhere.

Post-Doctoral Fellows and University/Visiting Scholars

Post-docs and visiting scholars who are not officially registered for classes at UT Austin can pay the access fee. Specific documentation from the program with which they are affiliated is required.

Future Students

Individuals registered at UT for a future semester and not the current one can pay the fee for access during the semester immediately before their first semester at UT. Future students do not need to pay this fee to get immunizations and medical tests required or recommended to attend UT at UHS.

ESL Students

For access to UHS and CMHC services other than immunizations, ESL students must pay the fee. ESL student scan attend their immunization clinics without paying this fee.

Who SHOULD NOT Pay the Fee

  • Students who have graduated and do not plan to return next semester.

  • People who last attended UT before last semester.

  • Currently-enrolled UT Austin students and contractual agreement students can already use UHS and CMHC. They do not need to pay this fee.

  • Spouses and children of UT students cannot use UHS or CMHC.

If you're not sure whether you qualify, we'll look it up for you. Call the UHS Cashier/Insurance Office at (512) 475-8394.